One thing you must know about Columbia is that it’s not very ‘local’ driven, at least of what we have seen. The closest to local that I had ever known here is shopping at Earthfare. However, one of Logan’s coworkers, Jesse, told us about the All Local Farmer’s Market in downtown Columbia. Since we are all for shopping local, we headed out on Saturday.
All Local has a variety of different local vendors, live musicians, and hot breakfasts all in a newly built warehouse.
- One Dozen all natural, free range, antibiotic and hormone free eggs from Wil-Moore Farms
- 1/2 gallon Happy Cow all natural, pasture raised and grass fed whole milk (Logan was SUPER excited about this. He immediately went home and made a whole milk latte. No surprises here.)
- Head of Boston lettuce from Crooked Cedar Farm
- 1/2 pound Ethiopian Yirgacheffe from Indah Coffee Co. just roasted that morning
- (Specifically Logan’s purchase) from Kielbasa, hot Italian sausage and bacon Caw Caw Creek Farm
Also, recently built and opened in Columbia is the South Carolina Farmer’s Market. We have yet to venture over there, but can’t wait to see what it has in store for us!