This is my Mama’s recipe (my great grandmother, pronounced Mall Mall). We’ve had it at every holiday dinner (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas) since before I was born. Mama’s Cranberry Orange Relish is usually served with turkey, but it’s so good you can eat it plain too! Or in my favorite instance, mix it in Mighty Good Muffins!
Cranberry Orange Relish
- 2 (12 ounce) packages fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 navel oranges, unpeeled
- 2 packages raspberry or strawberry Jello mix
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Cut the oranges up into quarters and put them into a food processor.
- Pulse until it’s a medium consistency.
- Do the same with the cranberries.
- Stir the chopped cranberries, oranges, sugar and Jello together in a large bowl.
- Chop up the pecans and stir into the relish
- Refrigerate for at least one day before serving.