I know we’re all about healthy here at chocolate & carrots, but this stuff is too good to pass up. So on this lovely Monday, treat yourself to a little bit of Puppy Chow!
Come on, it’s got chocolate (antioxidants), peanut butter (protein), Crispix (grains), powdered sugar & butter (i’ve got nothing, but love).
from Taste and See That the Lord is Good: A Collection of Recipes by Mount Pleasant Presbyterian Church
- 1 (12.5 ounce) box of Crispix or similar cereal
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Melt the butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter.
- In a really big bowl, pour in the cereal.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the cereal.
- Stir until coated.
- Pour the sifted powdered sugar over it and mix (or powdered sugar in a large brown bag, add the chocolate covered cereal and shake).
- Put it in the refrigerator until cool.
- Store in an airtight container (although, it probably won’t last long because you’ll eat it so fast! ).