I don’t know why this idea never occurred to me before! This is the easiest, most satisfying dessert I’ve ever made. It literately took Kala and me 15 minutes to do everything!
The messiest part is digging your knife in the peanut butter jar, being that I eat a LOT of peanut butter and the jar is almost always empty. 😀 Hehe!
I read a quote today from our nations 20th president, James A. Garfield:
“Man cannot live by bread alone; he must have peanut butter.”
Well, here’s your bread, peanut butter…and a bonus: chocolate!
Super Easy Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cracker Cookies
inspired by Stephanie Frick
- Town House Light Buttery Crackers (or buttery cracker of your choice, I chose this one because it was low in fat, calories and sodium….and didn’t contain high fructose corn syrup, a.k.a. the enemy)
- Natural creamy peanut butter (I use Skippy because you don’t have to refrigerate it)
- Ghirardelli 60% cacao chocolate chips
- Spread peanut butter on one side of the crackers.
- Place a cracker on top of the peanut butter to make a peanut butter cracker sandwich.
- Melt the chocolate chips on a double boiler (in a glass bowl on top of simmering water in a pot).
- Dip the peanut butter crackers in the chocolate and place on parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil.
- Place in the refrigerator to harden.
- Eat either chilled or at room temperature.