I decided to try a new pancake recipe. And boy is this a good one!
They are so filling that you only need two….and I drown my pancakes in natural peanut butter, syrup and a sliced banana. Mmmm!
As you can see from the nutrition facts below, they are pretty low in fat, calories, and sugar. You can even lessen or even omit the sugar if you are diabetic or watching your sugar intake. But, they are filling because they are high in protein and fiber. And one serving size is 2 pancakes! Delicious!
Nothing like a pancake breakfast to start your day, especially when you have family all around the table.
Healthy Fulfilling Pancakes
adapted from My Greek Ambition…
- 1 1/2 whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 heaping tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 6-8 ounces plain non-fat Chobani Greek yogurt
- 2 cups skim, soy, or almond milk
- 3 egg whites
- In a large bowl, mix the flowers, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar together.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, make your pancakes on a medium-high grill.
Servings: about 16 pancakes