So how about those commercials last night! Some definite funny ones! My favorite was the VW ‘The Force’ commercial. While Logan, Ben and I were enjoying these commercials, we were loving these brownies.
I hadn’t made brownies in quite a while. However, lately I have been drooling over all of the different brownies that Evan, from The Wannabe Chef, has been baking. I thought I’d try his Better Than Boxed Brownies…with a little chocolate & carrots twist!
I didn’t have any gluten-free all-purpose flour, so I used the good ol’e whole wheat pastry flour. They seemed to be more crumbly than Evan’s looked from his photos. But, crumbs never stopped me from eating a brownie! 😉
The chocoholic I am, I chose to top these delicious brownies with dark chocolate M&M’s. Yum! The definitely give these a nice crunch in every bite. But, feel free to top these with anything your heart desires. 😀
Warning: Brownies are best consumed warm with a glass of milk.
Not-So-Bad-For-You Valentine’s Brownies
adapted from The Wannabe Chef
- 1/2 cup 60% dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup special dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup m&m’s (or your favorite topping)
- Preheat the oven 350°.
- Melt the chocolate chips and canola oil in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds.
- Stir in the water, vanilla and egg until blended.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir together and spread out in an 8″X8″ dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.