I spent the other week with my sisters and Dad at their house in Mount Pleasant. This was one of the meals that we prepared and devoured!
I have to tell you that I REALLY enjoyed having the extra hands in the kitchen!
This was such a delicious meal. It was very comforting and brought back memories of my Mom making stuffed shells when we were growing up (this was the week she was in Honduras on a mission trip). Yum!
We made the main dish with chicken in the filling, but for Eliza we made separate ones with out the chicken.
I had a bite of hers and you wouldn’t miss the chicken. 😀
Then it was dessert time!
Margaret, Eliza and I whipped up Nutella Chocolate Soufflés. Yummmmmm!
Margaret and me baking away!
Stir those eggs Eliza!!!
For those of you wondering, my dad was the photographer in these. Great photos Dad! 😀
adapted from This Week For Dinner
- 1/2 pound of chicken breasts or cutlets (can be left out to make it vegetarian)
- 1 package of chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained.
- 15 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Italian cheeses (mine included parmesan, mozzerella and asiago cheeses)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1-1 1/2 boxes of whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 cup of grated asiago cheese
- 1 1/2 jars of your favorite marinara sauce
- Boil the chicken in water. Once cooked shred with two forks.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken, spinach, ricotta cheese, Italian cheeses, egg, garlic and pepper. Set aside to use as the filling later.
- In the bottom of your 13″ x 9″ dish, spread a layer of sauce and sprinkle some asiago cheese.
- Bowl your lasagna noodles until they are al dente (which was 5 minutes for me).
- Put about 2 tablespoons of filling at the end of each lasagna noodle, roll up, and place, seam-side down in the dish. (You can use your best judgement on how much filling to put in your noodles.)
- Top with the remainder of your marinara sauce and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Bake at 350° for about 45-60 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and it’s hot all over.
Servings: about 10
Wow, perfect meal!
This looks amazing!
What wonderful family time.
Ohhh yum! This ALL sounds and looks delicious!