Here is a SUPER easy and very quick meal that is sure to satisfy the family.
It’s a great weeknight dinner, too!
I’m a fan of Mexican food, but I absolutely love to make it at home so I can control how much ‘grease’ the dishes are made with. Plus, this way I’m not tempted with the ever flowing and abundant warm & salty tortilla chips and salsa that Mexican restaurants provide for my hips. ;-D
Fast & Easy Vegetarian Tacos
- whole wheat or whole grain 6″ tortillas
- part skim shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can re-fried beans
- lettuce, chopped
- light sour cream or non-fat plain Greek yogurt (I prefer Chobani)
- On a baking sheet, lay out the tortillas flat (don’t let them over lap).
- Spread a layer of cheese on half of the tortilla.
- Set the oven on broil and with the door cracked open, WATCH VERY CAREFULLY, until they are toasted and the cheese is melted. They will burn in a second. If you want to, you can also put the rack down on a lower level.
- Once melted and toasted, take them out of the oven.
- Spread some re-fried beans on top of the cheese.
- Top with desired toppings: lettuce, salsa, Greek yogurt, etc.
- Fold in half and enjoy!
Servings: 6 (with one can of re-fried beans)
You are a recipient of “The Lovely Blog Award.” I love your blog and love all of the amazing recipes you come up with – especially the sweets! And the beautiful pictures you take! 🙂
To see the award please visit http://eatdrinkandrun.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-award.html
Then pass it along to 15 other deserving bloggers! Congratulations!!