Happy Birthday to my husband, Logan!
This post is in honor of my dear husband who is a Star Wars freak. Anyone else have one of those in their family?
For Christmas I got the Star Wars cookie cutters from Williams-Sonoma. Excitement!!!
This is just a basic sugar cookie and icing recipe. Enjoy!
from Star Wars cookies by Williams Sonoma
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the butter on high speed until creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Reduce the speed to medium and slowly add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Don’t forget to scrape the bowl if necessary.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for 1 minute.
- Add half the flour mixture and beat on low speed until the flour has been absorbed (about 1 minute).
- Add the remaining flour and beat until the flour has been absorbed and the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl (about 2-3 minutes).
- Turn the dough onto a long piece of plastic wrap and mold into a disk.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, let it stand for 5 minutes and then roll it out onto a floured surface.
- Roll out to about 1/4″ – 1/2″.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes in a 350° oven.
- 3 tablespoons Meringue Powder
- 1 pound of powdered sugar
- 4-6 tablespoons warm water
- Beat ingredients together until it’s at the desired consistency.
- Pipe cookies!
The Millenium Falcon had the perfect icing / cookie ratio. Thanks, hun!
Wow, those are like little artworks! Did the cookie cutters come with icing instructions or did you go by a photograph?
We just looked at the photographs and did our own versions of the spaceships. 😀
wow those are so impressive! what a good wife you are 🙂
What awesome cookies for the digerati’s birthday!!!! Don’t have too much fun in Charleston. We want you to want to come back to Columbia 🙂
You did a great job decorating those cookies!! And the chocolate chip cookie dough pie is seriously making me drool. It’s going to make my “diet” I am starting tomorrow very difficult if you continue to post such things 😉 and I love Disney! We took our kids in November – it was awesome.