Looks tasty, eh?
I practically made this in under 5 minutes.
And if you ask me, this is the perfect solution to a quick & healthy weekday meal! 😀
…and I forgot to mention super tasty!!!
There ya go…an action shot of extra Parmesan cheese. 😀
This meal was super filling (see nutrition facts below…look at all of that protein in one Turkey Stuffed Portabella!) and for only 373 calories. It’s the perfect guilt free way to enjoy some Italian flavors. Mmm!
And yes, Logan and I both cleaned out plates.
Then let Leland make them clean enough to go back on the shelves.
😉 Just kidding…don’t worry, they went through the dishwasher too…
Turkey Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- 1/2 pound ground lean turkey
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Perfect Pinch Italian seasoning (or you could just use Italian breadcrumbs that have these spices in them all ready)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a oven safe dish, spread the marinara sauce out on the bottom.
- Prepare the mushrooms by washing and taking out the stem. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, breadcrumbs, seasoning and pepper.
- Divide and shape the turkey mixture into two even patties.
- Press the patties down in the portabella mushroom.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms down on the marinara sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the stuffed mushrooms and bake about another 15-20 minutes until the meat is completely cooked through.
- At this point I broiled the dish on high for just a minute or so to brown the cheese a little bit.
- Serve and enjoy!