Crunchy and crispy on the outside, soft and chewy in the inside.
Covered in syrup…and a scoop of peanut butter.
Now that’s a breakfast!
When I made this last week, I declared it the best breakfast. 😀
So you should try it. Trust me.
Crunch French Toast
- 4-6 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups crispix cereal
- 5 slices whole wheat bread
- ground cinnamon for dusting
- unsalted butter for the pan
- In a bowl, crush up the crispix cereal.
- In another bowl, set aside the egg whites and lightly beat them.
- Dip the bread slices in the egg whites, coat with cereal and put on a griddle that has been preheated on medium heat and coated with butter or cooking spray.
Yum! That looks delicious!
Oh what a great idea with adding the crispix cereal to make it all crispy and so much healthier with using only egg whites.
I like the crispix cereral coating. I’ve seen this done with cornflakes before but always figured those would get soggy, this is a much better idea.
These look delicious! I was wondering if they would still cook up as nice with an egg replacer? My daughter is allergic to eggs.
Thanks Shawna! I’m not sure about the egg replacer. I’ve seen vegan french toast recipes made with things like nutritional yeast and chia seeds that look like they work beautifully. So, I’m sure with the right egg substitute it would be delicious! 🙂 Happy baking!
Now, that looks delicious! I will be making this one for sure! P~