There’s not too much involved with this side dish, but it is doesn’t skimp on yumminess (Yep…new word)!
It’s super simple and very quick to put together in a hurry. It’s especially convenient for me because I always keep our house stocked with fresh spinach and tomatoes (when they’re in season…sun dried if they’re not), feta cheese and orzo.
Not much else to say, other than you should totally bookmark this recipe for your next fix-it-in-a-hurry-weekday-meal!
Greek Whole Wheat Orzo
- 2 cups vegetable broth/stock
- 1/2 cup whole wheat orzo
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil.
- Add in the orzo and cook according to the packaging instructions (8-10 minutes for mine).
- Drain the liquid from the orzo and add in the tomatoes, spinach and pepper.
- With the heat on low, stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the feta cheese and serve!