So, as you may very well know by now, I’m not only a chocoholic, but I LOVE ice cream/frozen yogurt/soft serve.
In fact, when Logan and were first dating. I think I literally gained about 20 pounds in one summer because we got ice cream so much! Especially the Ultimate Brownie Sundae from Kaminsky’s in Charleston. Yum!!!
Anyway. If you’re as crazy about frozen treats as me, you’ll love this dessert.
And there’s no ice cream involved!
Homemade Cookie Dough Soft Serve
from Oh She Glows
Ingredients (Cookie Dough)
- 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1.5 tablespoons natural cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons natural cane syrup (I used Log Cabin)
- 1/4 cup 60% cacao dark chocolate chips (or your favorite chocolate chip)
How-To (Cookie Dough)
- In a food processor, grind the cashews and oats until it looks like flour.
- Add in the flour and sugar and quickly grind again to combine.
- Add in the vanilla and syrup and blend until the dough is of a moldable consistency (you may have to add some more syrup if it is too dry).
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough out into tablespoon-sized balls and place them on a plate.
- Freeze the cookie dough balls.
Ingredients (Soft Serve)
- 5 peeled and frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 6 frozen cookie dough balls
How-To (Soft Serve)
- In a large food processor, blend all of the ingredients until it is a smooth consistency.
- Top with a couple of cookie dough balls.
- Drizzle the top with dark chocolate syrup and enjoy!
I’ve been wanting to make this but I’m afraid I’ll eat all of the “cookie dough!” I love how you served it in adorable little shot glasses.
Yum! my favorite! that looks amazing!
Saw this on Oh She Glows and thought it looked so good. I just recently got into banana soft serve (loving it!) and raw treats. I really hope to make this soon. The first time I had any kind of cookie dough flavored food was when Dairy Queen first came out with the cookie dough blizzard. I thought it was the most amazing creation. Mmmmm…long car trips with the fam in the back of the van with a large cookie dough blizzard. Oh the memories.
Hi Caroline 🙂 This looks yummy! I have been seeing this recipe all over the blogs and also saw it on Oh She Glows too. Does it taste like banana soft serve? Also what is the difference between natural cane syrup and maple? I need to try this!
The natural syrup I use is 4% pure maple syrup and the rest is sugar. I like it because it’s thick like the syrup I grew up on (Aunt Jemima) and not runny like pure maple syrup is. Plus, when taking photographs of pouring syrup, it’s a lot easier to get the perfect shot when the syrup is slow to come out! 😉
As for the banana soft serve…it doesn’t taste quite like ice cream, but it sure does the trick at fooling your taste-buds into a healthy dessert! 😀
You should definitely give it a try!
This is an excellent idea! A great snack for the kids (and me too!). Can’t wait to give it a try…it’s probably the only way I’ll get 2 of my 3 kids to eat bananas!
omg im so making this asap!
I seriously have to try this. It looks so good! And healthy!!
OMG, this is great! I just had it for breakfast a couple of minutes ago and it was sooooo delish! YUM! I cannot wait to make this again and I think the possibilities here are endless. Im thinking of trying a raspberry version next with white choc chips in the cookie dough balls. Thanks so much for sharing!