Last night and this morning, we had a party. The Royal Wedding: Princess Party.
It was a girls only party packed with food, games, sleepover and, of course, THE wedding.
My mom decorated the house with wedding bells and we all had our tiaras.
Last night we enjoyed dinner and dessert followed by a royal wedding game.
It was a trivia quiz. Secret prizes to win. Fun to be had.
Margaret (sister, 18) won getting 17 out of 27 question correct.
I got second getting 14/27.
Rachel (sister-in-law, 15 on Sunday) 10/27.
Eliza (sister, 14) 9/27.
The prize was to pick from a four different Royal Wedding featured magazines. The best part of the prize: Large blown up photos of William, Kate, and THE ring! 🙂
This morning, Mom got the party started with Rachel at 4am.
The rest of us sleepy heads got up at 5am.
…just in time for this…
So handsome! 🙂
Breakfast included the following:
- Union Jack Shortbread Fruit Pizza
- Veggie sausage links
- fresh fruit
- whole wheat chocolate chip scones (recipe next week)
- Lemon tea biscuits
- Orange juice
- Petit fours (recipe next week)
There were William and Kate napkins and Princess Diana china.
Union Jack Shortbread Fruit Pizza
from Betty Crocker
- 1 pouch sugar cookie dough mix
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 package 1/3 fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13×9″ pan with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the cookie dough mix, butter and egg.
- Mix well and push down into the pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until light brown.
- Let it cool completely.
- While it’s cooling put together the cream cheese topping by mixing the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the shortbread.
- Top with the fresh fruit in the shape of a Union Jack.
Did you watch the wedding? Do you think we’re crazy for having a party? 🙂
So cute I love that you all wore tiaras! The breakfast fruit pizza is so cute too- I love theme parties.
I love that you had a party. I wish I could have, but me, alone in the dark is not really a party, and my boys really don’t care about the wedding.
How fun!!! You are SO lucky to have your family close by and I am SO jealous of your party! I am up every night til 4:30 am anyways so of course I watched the wedding. So good. Aw to be a princess!
I definitely got up and watched it! My parents threw a MASSIVE party at their home in Hilton Head (we’re British!) I saw pictures and my mom went a little “wedding” crazy…centerpieces, flowers, and candles. I’ll have to show them that pizza 🙂
That sounds like so much fun!!!
This looks like a wonderful party with lots of delicious foods!
What a fun party!!!
Awesome party! Love the food and tiaras:-)