Mmmm….there’s really not much you can say about these that doesn’t already go without saying.
Haha…chocolate & peanut butter. My ever favorite combination.
I don’t know if you’ve noticed but in recent posts I’ve been taking some up close shots. I’ve been dying for a macro lens…but, for the time being (gotta save up!), we (my husband and I) bought these. They are close-up macro filter set (+1, +2, +4, +10). And they work pretty well considering we only paid $11 for them…compared to the $1000 Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro Lens that we’re saving up for.
You can buy all of the photography equipment that I have in my amazon store. 🙂
Anyway…back to the chocolate & peanut butter deliciousness!!!
These scrumptious miniature little tarts are made with a gluten free chocolate cookie crust, tofu peanut butter mousse, and dark chocolate ganache.
Oh. My. Gah.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Tartelettes
Chocolate Cookie Crust
from Handle the Heat
- 12 chocolate wafers (I used these, Pamela’s Chocolate Gluten Free Cookies)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, crust the cookies until finely ground.
- Add in the butter and combine.
- Spray 6 1.5″ tartelette pans with cooking spray.
- Push the cookie crust in the pans.
- Place the tartelette pans on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
Peanut Butter Mousse
adapted from The Wannabe Chef
- 3.5 ounces soft (silken) tofu
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- In a food processor or blender, combine all of the ingredients until well blended.
- Spread evenly between the tartelettes.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add in the chocolate.
- Pour into a bowl and let cool.
- Pour over the peanut butter mousse.
- Let chill the tartelettes for at least 1 hour before serving.
Servings: 6 tartelettes