Look what I got in the mail the other day!
Newtons Fruit Thins!
These little cookies are super delicious. So delicious that I decided they deserved to be the crust of a couple of mini no-bake cheesecakes! 😀
Seriously! How cute are these!
The cookie themselves are great! They are crunchy from the seeds and the shortbread consistency of the cookie themselves, but they are also chewy from the dried blueberries snuggled throughout the cookie.
As for the crust that they made, that was equally delicious. Then topped with the gooey no-bake cheesecake. Yum! 🙂
Now that I think about it, I know the formal term for these are no-bake cheesecakes, but I’d almost call them cream tarts…
…The reason I say this is because when my husband took a bit out of it, he made this face that only a five year old could pull off when being forced to eat his broccoli. You know the face. He heard cheesecake, and expected cheesecake. And, I’m going to bet that your husbands don’t know the difference between a cheesecake and one that is a no-bake cheesecake. Anyway. That’s that. Back to the cream tarts! 🙂
Well, I hope you enjoy them!
Mini No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecakes
- 14 Newtons Fruit Thins, Blueberry Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, pulse the fruit thins until completely broken.
- Add in the melted butter and pulse until blended.
- Spoon the crust crumbles into the 6 tart pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Press the crust crumbles to line the bottom and go up the sides as much as you can.
- Place the tart pans on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the crusts cool before filling with the filling.
adapted from All-Recipes
- 1 (8 ounce) package of 1/3 fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced fat sweetened condensed milk ( I used the normal because Target doesn’t carry the reduced fat and I didn’t have time to drive to my grocery store)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all of the ingredients in the food processor until blended well.
- Pour into the cheesecake crusts and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.