I know. I know. Another soup recipe…and it’s hot as Hades out there.
I think it’s all of the fresh fruits and vegetables that keep inspiring me to make these tasty soups.
This soup does wonders to the palate and is quite filling.
It’s got a kick…so don’t tell me that I didn’t warn you! 😉
It also couldn’t be easier to make. I just love a meal that can sit on the stove for a couple of hours before everyone is ready to sit down and eat. Mmm!
Fast Fiesta Black Bean Soup
inspiration from fresh365
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can no salt added diced tomatoes (in juice)
- 3 ears of corn cut off the cob (about 1 1/2 cups of corn)
- In a large sauce pan with tall sides, sauté the onions in the olive oil until tender.
- Stir in the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the black beans and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup of the mixture and pureé it in a food processor.
- Add the pureé back to the soup and add in the corn.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Stir, cover, and reduce heat to simmer.
- Serve right away or let it simmer for 1-2 hours (it’s worth the wait).
- Serve by itself (plain) or sprinkle some cheddar cheese and/or a dollop of plain Greek yogurt!