Next to dessert, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. 😉
So, why not start the day out right with some healthy pancakes…covered in peanut butter and syrup, of course! 😉
Then, to counterbalance the unhealthy toppings, you can add your favorite fruit! I always love adding either blueberries or sliced bananas. Mmmm!
Happy breakfast! 🙂
adapted from The Wannabe Chef
- 2 cups garbanzo fava flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Flour.)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, water and sugar.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir just until blended.
- Heat your griddle on medium heat, and spray with cooking spray or lightly coat with butter.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of batter at a time.
- Let it cook until it beginnings to show bubbles through the batter.
- Flip and cook on the other side until light brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
I wish we lived near each other so we could share meals on a daily basis!
I had chickpea pancakes for breakfast today; they’re just the best way to wake up in the morning.
Yummy! Those look delicious Caroline! I swear they do :D. I’m making a new pancake recipe for breakfast today so wish me luck!
These look amazing (as always) – love that they’re gluten-free! I’m with Lauren up there – I think we need to live closer because I need meals like this in my life more often 🙂
Those look right gorgeous!! 🙂 Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Ah, peanut butter on pancakes! I’m kicking myself for never have thought of this awesome combination, such a good idea.
yum these sound great!