Breakfast for dinner. Yes, please!
Breakfast for lunch. Yes, double please!!
Breakfast for breakfast. Yes, triple please!!!
There’s something magical about breakfast. It can be eaten any time of the day and you won’t feel weird about it. 🙂
Dinner for breakfast…can you imagine having spaghetti and meatballs for breakfast? Eww.
There’s also something magical about goat cheese. It makes the world a better place.
Go forth and make this for breakfast/lunch/dinner.HiYa (karate chop sound…not the hey y’all sound)!
Spinach Goat Cheese Fritatta
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 5 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a 10″ skillet, sauté the onions with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites, milk, pepper and salt together.
- Stir in the sautéed onion, spinach, and goat cheese.
- Coat the pan with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, covering the bottom and sides.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet and cook on low-medium heat until the sides and the majority of the mixture is cooked (15-20 minutes). You can test this by gently shaking the pan to see if it giggles. You want about 2″ of the sides to be moderately firm. It’s okay if the middle is still a bit giggly.
- Put the skillet in the oven on a low broil until the top is golden brown and the fritatta doesn’t giggle any more (10-15 minutes).
- Serve it up!