Do you ever get in the mood for cookies so bad that even though it’s 10 o’clock at night, you HAVE to make them???
Please, tell me I’m not the only one…
Well, this is one of those batches of cookies.
You know, there are lots of different types of cookies?
The list goes on and on.
I also know that everyone has a different idea of what the ‘perfect’ cookie is.
I’m a chewy, soft, thick, chunky type of cookie person.
This batch isn’t exactly my ‘perfect’ cookie, but they are chewy, crisp, thin, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth cookies. Sounds pretty good to me!
….and they were. 😉
What kind of cookie person are you?
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chunk Cookies
adapted from Betty Crocker
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set aside 2 cookie sheets outfitted with silpat mats or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer (or your stand mixer), beat the butter, eggs, sugars, and salt together until blended.
- Add in the baking soda, quickly blend.
- Add in 1 cup of flour and blend.
- Add in the other cup of flour and blend.
- Using a spatula fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a 1 tablespoon-sized scoop, measure out balls of dough onto the baking sheet, leaving at least 2″ of space between cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.
These cookies look fantastic… and I would certainly make them mid-10pm craving:-) I’m more of a chewy half-baked cookie girl, but I don’t discriminate.
i’m a chewy person for sure! + can we just get an amen for silpats? i love those things!
These look great! I love that they are entirely whole wheat!
Thank you! 🙂
yum! These looks so good! I want some with a cool glass of milk
You are not the only, Caroline. I have late night cravings to. My perfect cookie is: any type of cookie! These thin crisp cookies look perfect for a light late night snack and they kind of beg me to put some banana slices between them for a choc. chip cookie banana sandwich for breakfast. 🙂
I just made these exact same cookies but with semi sweet chips on Wednesday. I gave one dozen to my neighbor for picking up my son from school, and we are 2 cookies away from finishing the dozen I kept behind. They were heavenly! I’d love to try the white choc version next time. Deelish.
We adore whole wheat in the family. I’m pretty sure that my kids will gonna go for it.
I stopped baking at midnight but lately i find myself plugging my mixer at 6 am. When you dream of cookies ….
Speaking of cookies, these look amazing, my favorite cookie has to be chewy, buttery and melt in your mouth!
I am right there with you…I’m a chewy, soft and thick cookie person. These cookies looks great! 🙂
Please confirm that not only can I eat these at midnight, but that I could have about 12 at a time. Love this recipe 🙂
Haha…confirmation a go! 😉