I married my high school sweetheart.
My maiden name is Starr.
And I always know it’s Christmas when my aunts make this chex mix.
I know it’s a little early for Christmas, but my sister Katie and I had a baking day last week and this snack food was a necessity. And it’s definitely an anytime snack.
It takes a long time to bake, but if you have a sibling or a best friend over to chat to pass the time, it’s worth it! 🙂
Starr’s Chex Mix
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Kix
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 2 tablespoons onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 2 cups unsalted almonds
- 2 cups unsalted cashews
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients (including the seasonings) and give it a quick stir.
- Pour the Worchestershire sauce and butter over the ingredients and toss until evenly coated.
- Place on a couple of baking sheets and stir every 20 minutes for 2 hours.
- All to cool before placing in air tight containers.
I love the introduction to this post. It’s always fun to learn new things about favorite bloggers. This Chex Mix sounds perfect…I always start craving it about this time of year!
That mix looks addicting! No wonder you wanted to make it already.
i love making homemade chex mix + yours looks delicious. i’d just have to call mine ‘donovan’s chex mix’ which isn’t nearly as cool as ‘starr’s chex mix’. what a fab maiden name!
Love your photos! Your chex mix looks like the perfect snack food!
That sounds like some seriously addicting chex mix!
Looove this! What a yummy snack!