They taste like vanilla, but look like candy corn! So fun!
I just took melted white chocolate and wrote out the letters on parchment paper…freezed them, and brushed them with glitter!
Have a great rest of your day!!!
Candy Corn Cupcakes
adapted from the big book of cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup egg white substitute (such as egg beaters)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place a paper baking cup in 24 regular-sized muffin cups (filling two 12 muffin cup pans).
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the butter on medium speed for about 30 seconds until fluffy.
- Slowly add the sugar beating for a total of about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg white substitute and beat until combined. You may have to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the vanilla extract and the milk. Beat until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until just blended.
- Divide the batter evenly, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until your cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow them to cool in the pans for about 5 minutes.
- Then, remove and place the cupcakes on a cooling rack to cool completely before icing.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package of 1/3 fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons skim milk
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla extract, beating again.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, beating in 1 cup at a time.
- Add in enough milk to make the icing the consistency you desire. And you can always add more powdered sugar if it gets too runny.