People….just look at that.
I just can’t think of anything else to say.
Maybe I’ll tell a joke.
What starts with a ‘t’, ends with a ‘t’, and is filled with ‘t’?
Eat a brownie.
Caramel Stuffed Brownies
adapted from Annie’s Eats
- 1 box triple chocolate brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 45 caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup fat-free half and half
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cover a 8″ square pan with non-stick foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix the brownie mix with the required ingredients stated by the manufacturer, in this case, the egg, water, and oil.
- Pour half of the brownie mixture into the pan. Spread evenly along the bottom with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
- While it’s cooling, prepare the caramel filling by heating the caramels and half-and-half in a pot over medium-high heat until melted and combined.
- Once melted, pour evenly over the brownie layer.
- Carefully spread the remaining brownie mixture over the caramel layer.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack before cutting.
Servings: 24 brownies
There is nothing like a gooey brownie! I usually mix those caramels with heavy cream but am so glad to know that the ff half and half works!
One of these and an ice cold glass of milk sounds like a perfect Monday morning breakfast to me!!!
Hehe. I find the end of your post wildly amusing. 🙂 When I woke up I was thinking of something to do with my soon expiring caramels. Now I know what I’ll be making the next time I have other people to bake for! If I didn’t have to ration them, I would seriously eat half the pan by myself right after they came out of the oven and then get sick and never want brownies again. Those are the gooiest brownies I’ve ever seen. I like how the bottom one just gave out.
Caroline – these looks DIVINE! I am going to have to try these. I found your blog a few months ago and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Your site is beautiful – you have done a great job designing it. Keep it up! I always look forward to your posts!
P.S. Leland is adorable by the way. 🙂
these look just delicious. i love ooey gooey brownies! i’ll take a dozen, please!
Ha haa. You are such a goof. I like the tea pot joke, AND these brownies. Bravo, friend!!
Holy cow, those look divine. Love brownies with different add ins!!
Yummmmmmy! My husband would love these, maybe I’ll be sweet and make him some. 🙂
Blah haha your jokes are awesome like mine :).
What a great looking brownie!!
Yum! They look delicious!
Wow! That’s all I’ve got to say.
mouth watering!!! these brownies look amazingly delicious. I think am going to have some brownies for breakfast.
Holy smokes. What a genius idea!
I have no words to accurately describe how incredible these brownies looks!
I loved these too – what’s not to love about chocolate and caramel in one dessert? 🙂
My goodness!!! These look soooooo yummilicious!!! I make Caramel Brownies for my school’s bake sales! I usually use whole Rolos, are they very different than the ones you use?
I’m not sure. I bet it tastes pretty similar though! 🙂