But, thank goodness that I got ahead of myself before I started feeling sick and baked up these yummy scones!
I didn’t get a chance to try them….bad aversion to pumpkin (and any baked good for that matter). So, I sent them on to my husband’s coworkers. They got rave reviews. And I would take that as meaning that these are a winner!
Oh, and they freeze wonderfully.
What is your favorite pumpkin baked good?
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Scones
adapted from Chocolate & Carrots
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into tiny pieces (1/4 inch or smaller cubes)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup plain 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/4 tablespoons skim milk (glaze)
- 1 cup powered sugar (glaze)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine flours, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix with a knife until well blended.
- Add butter to dry ingredients and mix until butter is spread throughout.
- Gently mix in pumpkin, milk, and yogurt until you’re able to switch to kneading it with your hands.
- Form dough into an 8 inch circle and cut into eight slices.
- Separate slices and place on a baking sheet covered in non-stick foil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light brown.
- Once the scones have cooled completely, mix up the glaze, and drizzle it over them.
Servings: 8 scones