The year I got my Breville espresso machine was the year I started saving money.
It’s no coincidence either.
More lattes made at home, less money to Starbucks! Sorry Starbucks…I worked for you…I paid my time. 😉 Plus you got me addiccctteedddd!
Since it’s the autumn….nearing the Christmas season, I thought I’d treat myself to a little latte.
I didn’t add any pumpkin or any flavored syrups, just straight spices and sweetness. 🙂
What’s your favorite hot drink?
Have any good recipes for me???
Quick Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 espresso shot (I did it decaf since I’m knocked up!)
- 2 dashes of pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 cup of milk (I used skim)
- Put the first dash of pumpkin spice and the agave nectar in the bottom of your coffee cup.
- Place your coffee cup under the espresso portion of your espresso machine.
- Meanwhile, froth your milk with the espresso machine.
- Using your espresso machine, drip your shot of espresso onto the pumpkin spice and agave nectar.
- Give it a quick swirl before pouring the milk in.
- Pour the frothed milk over the espresso.
- Sprinkle a dash of pumpkin spice over the foam.
- Drink away!
Servings: 1 latte
So lovely & perfect for the season. Hope you will submit it to Healthy Aperture so we can share with our fans.
Love this quick recipe! Mmm so yummy.
I love easy and delicious ways to save money. This looks perfect!
Yum! Hope you’re feeling a bit better–maybe this nice spicy latte helped. 🙂
If you like hot cocoas, you could try a spin on it that I love–heat up 2 cups of milk (this would make 2 servings), stir in a tablespoon (or two, if you’re feeling decadent) of Nutella and a teaspoon of cinnamon. When everything’s thoroughly heated together, pour in mugs and garnish with whipped cream! I call it “hot Nutella cocoa,” but since there’s no chocolate, I guess it’s really more of a Nutella steamer. 😉
That sounds amazing! Thanks Tarra! 🙂
Yum!! I don’t have an espresso machine, but I love that you are saving money and making your own pumpkin spice lattes!
I love hot cocoas, I’ve got to try Tara’s suggestions.
This looks delicious and so simple to make. I owe a friend a drink from Starbucks. Maybe I’ll make this instead of buying him a drink 😀
Here is what I do for a quick pumpkin coffee drink. Make a cup of strong coffee at home (I have a Keurig and love french roast), then add a plop or 2 of Trader Joe Pumpkin ice cream!
That’s it! Fantastic!
I love this much more than a boughten drink. I just don’t like the sweetness of the flavored syrups.