Being pregnant, I’m craving all sorts of weird and wacky things that I wouldn’t typically eat or drink. And now that I’m into my second trimester, I’m introducing more foods and drinks back into my diet, watching of course, that they are good quality and good for me and the baby.
Also, now that I’m feeling a little better, I’m ready to get together with friends and family over the holiday season and show off my little baby bump! It’s definitely made it feel a LOT more real.
‘Tis the season and it’s time to party! As such, I’ve decided that it’s time to introduce chocolate & carrots readers to some healthier alternatives to drinks! Since I’m unable to have the real thing: you, me and everyone else are just going to have to suffer with me and drink some awesome mocktails!
I hardly ever drink any carbonated drinks, but lately I have been craving them…Sierra Mist, in particular! I like their new product, Sierra Mist Natural because it’s made with real sugar, no artificial ingredients, and 100% natural flavoring…my kind of soda!
So, Sierra Mist has these really cool recipes for cocktails and mocktails that you can make using Sierra Mist Natural. You can go under their Mixology tab on the Sierra Mist facebook page….and be sure to ‘like’ the page while your there! You’ll be glad you did.
Today, I thought I’d make their Frost Bite and Meet Me At The Mist-letoe mocktails.
As a contest, my husband and I decided to figure out which mocktail was our favorite…check down at the bottom to see which one won!
Frost Bite (Mocktail)
- 2 ounces white grape juice
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- fresh blueberries
- fresh mint
- 3 ounces Sierra Mist Natural
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add in the white grape juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, blueberries and mint.
- Shake well and strain into a large glass filled with ice.
- Top with Sierra Mist Natural.
- Garnish with the fresh blueberries.
Meet Me At The Mist-letoe
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces raspberry juice
- 1 ounce blueberry juice
- 2 ounces Sierra Mist Natural
- In a glass, muddle two basil leaves and the lime juice.
- Add them to a shaker that has been filled with ice.
- Add the raspberry and blueberry juice to the shaker.
- Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
- Top with the Sierra Mist Natural.
- Garnish with a basil leave for decoration.
Luckily we aren’t too intoxicated to make an executive decision ;-), so here we go…
I am a…
My husband was a Meet Me At The Mist-letoe.
Which Sierra Mist Natural mocktail would you like to try?
What a fun and pretty mocktail!
Logan would be a “Meet Me at the Mistletoe”… (snicker)
Yummy! I’m so glad I have to “suffer” with you 😀 I have until April so I’m going to be enjoying some mocktails myself. Strangely enough I never ever crave soda but I’ve been sneaking sips here and there this entire pregnancy. No idea why, it must be the sweetness 😀 The blueberry in the Meet Me at the Mistletoe sounds so delicious, I’d love to try both though!
These are so perfect! I’m still not drinking for now. Trying to hold off for lil mans sake. Love the idea of the mist-letoe. Mmm raspberry 🙂
Great ideas! They look delicious.