Sometimes you just want Mexican food.
All of the time I want to eat food that is healthy for me.
This is the combination of both.
Healthy & Cheesy Beef Enchiladas
adapted from All Recipes
- 1 pound organic lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 6-inch whole grain tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook the beef, jalapeño, and zucchini until cooked and tender.
- Add in the water and taco seasoning and stir.
- Simmer until the water has evaporated.
- In the meantime, combine the yogurt, mushroom soup and cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Divide the meat mixture evenly between the tortillas.
- Place a couple of tablespoons of the creamy mixture over the meat.
- Roll the tortillas and place them in a 9″ x 13″ baking dish, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with the remaining creamy mixture.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until light brown and bubbly.
I calculated the nutritional information and there’s about 350 calories per enchilada.
This would make my husband and I very happy at dinner time!
I like the sound of healthy + enchiladas!! This looks yum and makes my tummy growl! 🙂
apparently we’re both loving the mexi style food! 🙂 this looks really good — and simple!
This is awesome! I love enchiladas, and I really like the yogurt/cream of mushroom combo idea. 🙂 This is definitely going on a weekly meal plan soon!!
uh, yum! i also think they’d be great with the creamy mixture inside, but topped with a more traditional (but healthified) red enchilada sauce. my husband would looove these (as would i!)
wow, I love your blog, so different and cool!!!!! and these enchiladas…mouthwatering!!!!!
Mmm healthy Mexican food. What could be better! I’m going to have to try these. I love Mexican food, sometimes you really do just NEED it!:)
I love making healthy enchiladas…I put zucchini in mine too, along w black beans! These look delicious!
Ooo…I should have added black beans, too! What a great combination! 🙂