It’s a good thing that I am craving citrus every single day….because we have a butt-load of it.
To my surprise, there isn’t that many options. You have your orange pound cake, orange marmalade, and that’s about it.
Hence, the lemon bars…turned orange!
I hope you like them as much as I do!!! Pregnant or not! 😉
adapted from Feeding the Flock by Greenlawn Baptist Church
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (crust)
- 1/4 cup sugar (crust)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (crust)
- 2 eggs
- zest of an orange (about 1 1/2 tablespoons of zest)
- juice of half an orange (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the butter, sugar and flour together.
- Press into a greased 8″ x 8″ pan. I covered my with non-stick foil and greased for easy removal.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, orange zest and orange juice together.
- In a separate bowl, stir the sugar and flour together.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into squares.