Let’s end this week on a high note!
I could seriously eat this stuff by the spoonfuls.
It’s so fresh and sweet…just like the strawberries that it’s made of. 😀
I have to make a little shout out to my grandmother, Moms, who is retiring today! Woohoo! Party at Moms’ house….I’ll bring the strawberry frosting! 😉
from Martha Stewart
- 1/2 cup frozen whole strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup unsalted butter, almost to room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using your Blendtec Twister jar or a food processor, pureé the strawberries.
- In a large bowl (or your stand mixer), beat the butter until creamy and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and the strawberry pureé.
Servings: Frosts 1 dozen cupcakes, or fills and frosts one 6″ two layer cake.
Oh yummy! I love a good strawberry frosting!
I’ll take the other bowl and a spoon please! I bet this is delicious!! Ps…congrats to your grandmother!! 🙂
Congrats to your grandma!
Love this… on anything!
my husband loves strawberry cake but i’ve never tried making it myself – i’ll put it on my to-make list once strawberries come in season in a few months, topped with this awesome frosting. yum! (congrats to your grandmother!)
Today is my daughter’s 3rd birthday, and the only kind of cake she wanted was a strawberry cake. I made a strawberry cake with a strawberry cream cheese frosting, so I’ve had strawberry frosting on the brain, too! I love that your recipe uses fresh strawberries. It looks delicious!
Oh my goodness – I love a good frosting. Strawberry frosting all over a yummy vanilla cupcake? yes please!