We rode up in a convoy of Saabs to a Saab meet up on Saturday. Yes, those are all Saabs in those lines.
You can read about the rest of our trip here.
I packed bananas, strawberries, trail mix, and these beauties!
Plus, they are PACKED with blueberries that burst in your mouth in every bite!
Oh, and they get better the next day.
Moist and fantastic!
Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
adapted from Eat Me, Delicious
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (topping)
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (topping)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (topping)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare muffin tins with muffin cup liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, whole wheat flours, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, milk, canola oil, vanilla extract, and sugar together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into the muffin tins, filling 3/4 full.
- Mix the topping ingredients together and evenly sprinkle over the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Servings: 9 muffins