Since it’s just me and my husband (for now) in our family, I’m always looking for small desserts.
This way, I won’t be eating brownies for 8 days straight. Not that I would mind that! 😉
Your wish is my command! That’s exactly what I used to cover this scrumptious little cake!
I told you I had something great planned for them! 🙂
It was perfectly sweet and chocolatly. The perfect balance of fruit to chocolate.
Plus, how could you say no to a cute little slice of cake like that!?!?
Make this cute little cake for two for the one you love this Valentine’s Day, birthday, or any day for that matter! 😉
Show them that you care.
Make this cake.
Chocolate Cake For Two
adapted from the big book of cupcakes
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt (I used chobani)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare two 6″ x 2″ round pan with cooking spray with flour. Set aside. I only had one pan so I filled one with half of the batter, baked, cooled, washed the pan, then baked the other half.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl (or in your stand mixer), beat the butter and sugar on medium/high speed for about 45 seconds.
- Beat in the egg.
- Beat in the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
- On low, alternatively beat in the flour and water (1/3 of the mixtures at a time).
- Pour the batter evenly between the cake pans, about 1/2 – 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing and putting on a cooling rack.
- Once cool, cover with icing and decorate as desired.