What, what! Shout out to my chocolate frosting fans! 😉
I have something special to share with you next week that uses this chocolate frosting!
Get excited and have a superb weekend!
Would you eat this on cupcakes? a cake? or by the spoonful? OR ALL THREE?
Have any fun plans for the weekend? Superbowl party perhaps?
adapted from Betty Crocker
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli 60% cacao chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 heavy cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl (or your stand mixer), beat the butter until creamy (20 seconds).
- Beat in the vanilla and heavy cream.
- Beat in the powdered sugar (1 cup at a time) until incorporated.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and beat until mixed.
- Decorate as desired!
Servings: Frosts a dozen cupcakes, fills and frosts one 8″ or 9″ two layer cake.