I came across these Dark Chocolate Raspberry M&M’s during Valentine’s this year. I was quite skeptical about buying them…not knowing what they would come out of the bag tasting like.
To my surprise, you could actually taste both of the flavors! You first get hit by the luxurious dark chocolate. Then, a couple seconds later you start tasting the raspberry! It’s wild.
I decided that they should become the star of these cookies….and they certainly succeeded at that.
And how cute is this antique milk bottle in the background? I’m obsessed with it now. So, beware…you’ll see it more often in my photos now!
Oh! And before I forget…these cookies do have some whole wheat flour snuck into them. That’s how we do it at Chocolate & Carrots! 😀 Weeee!
Triple Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
adapted from Picky Palate
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (8 ounce bag) raspberry dark chocolate m&m’s
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the butter and sugars together until combined.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add in the cocoa powder and flours. Stir until combined.
- Add in the m&m’s and chocolate chips until combined.
- Scoop by the tablespoons, spaced 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
Servings: about 50 cookies