The rest of this month and pretty much the entire month of March are INSANE for me! My stress level is out the wah-zoo! So much for resting before the baby comes, right? 😉
Anyone else have those kind of months? What do you do to relieve the stress and just relax in those little moments when you can take a break?
I my case…I bake. Then eat. 😉
And there’s no better stress realiver than a sweet treat. Am I right?
Anyway. Just to give you a heads up I’m heading to Nashville, TN for BlissDom at the end of this week. I can’t believe it’s already here!
Stressful, yet fun. I just hope my little ‘ole pregnant self can keep up with all of these amazingly enthusiastic women bloggers! ;-D
Maybe in lieu of a nap, a sugar rush from these blondies will be my trick to keep up with the pack. Wish me luck! 😉
Whole Grain White Chocolate & Butterscotch Blondies
adapted from Taste and Tell
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set aside a 9″ x 9″ pan covered in parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flours and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, stir together the eggs, brown sugar, sugar, canola oil, and vanilla extract until well combined. It’s a good upper body workout!
- Stir in the flour mixture until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan, spreading evenly along the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.