Last year, my husband decided that he wanted to go back to school to get his master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering. This would mean that he could only take 1-2 classes per semester, while working full time at his job. We agreed that this would be the best decision for him and our family in the long run. I couldn’t be more proud of him and his ambition to pursue this degree.
Along with his tight schedule, we’re preparing to have our first child. So, time saving dinner meals are a must. I typically lean towards crock pot meals, but when I heard about these time saving meals from Hellmann’s, I was all over it. I decided to try out their BBQ Cheddar Chicken recipe…and put my own little healthier spin on it, of course.
I couldn’t have been more pleased with the result. The chicken was so tender and moist, my husband just couldn’t get enough of it! I think I’m going to have to make a double batch next time. Plus, it only took 30 minutes, from start to finish…
…hey, could I be on Rachael Ray now? 😉
Anyway, it was absolutely delicious and quick…just what I needed for my busy family.
In addition to heading down the post to grab the awesome recipe, head over to Hellmann’s facebook page to enter their daily giveaways of $50 and the $5000 grand prize.
Also, be sure to tune in the coming weeks…I’m going to be making two more Hellmann’s Chicken Change-Up recipes and one will include a giveaway! 😀
BBQ Cheddar Chicken
adapted from Hellmann’s
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s Light Mayonaise
- 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (I used my favorite.)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (total 1 pound)
- 4 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the mayonaise, cheddar cheese, barbecue sauce, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Dip the bottom of each chicken breast into the mayonaise mixture. Place on a baking sheet that has been covered with a silpat mat or non-stick foil.
- Scoop the remaining mayonaise mixture on to the top of the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until light brown and cooked completely.
- Serve with your favorite side. I chose a warm spinach salad (see recipe below)
Warm Spinach Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- goat cheese
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine all of the ingredients (except the goat cheese).
- Stir until wilted and warm.
- Serve with goat cheese. I had a failed attempt at fried goat cheese. It was a mess. Tips anyone?