I love breakfast.
I’m pretty sure it’s my favorite meal…besides dessert. 😉
But, sometimes I just don’t feel like making it.
That’s where these oats come into play.
You simply put the three ingredients in the dish, put it in the crock pot, fill it with water and go to bed!
You wake up to wonderfully cooked oats with easy clean up!
Crock Pot Steel Cut Oats
adapted from Food 52
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 cups water
- Place a 1 1/2 quart ceramic bowl (or any bowl or glass cup that measures at least 4 cups) in your crock pot.
- Add all of the ingredients into the ceramic bowl. Stir.
- Pour enough cold water to the crock pot to come up almost all the way to the top of the bowl.
- Set on low for 6-9 hours.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings such as peanut butter, almond butter, honey, cinnamon, jam, fresh fruit, etc.