I’ve been trying to squeeze in veggies where ever I can with this pregnancy. I seem to be way more obsessed with fruit that vegetables. Having green monster smoothies everyday can get a little old. That’s where these pancakes come into play…
AND with St. Patrick’s Day on the horizon, why not make some super healthy pancakes for breakfast and get your veggies too!
I apologize for the lighting in the photos. We get up at 5am every morning and natural light is non-existent.
I usually wait to take the photos, but this recipe only made enough for 3-4 servings.
We we were hungry.
There were none left. 😉
Just be prepared, though. They need some sort of toppings. I added my favorite: peanut butter and syrup. But, feel free to add what you will. They are dense, so they need a little boost to make them appealing….especially since you’re eating green…pun intended. 😉
Green Monster Pancakes
adapted from my little celebration
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- In a blender, blend the apple sauce, spinach, honey, canola oil, milk, and egg together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder, whole wheat flour, oats, and chia seeds.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Cook by the 1/4 cup on your greased griddle.