Yeah…that is what I spread all over the top of this cake, and then proceeded to lick the bowl. Can you blame me?
While, I could have just eaten the entire bowl with a spoon, it was SUPER delicious on this healthier chocolate cake.
Because everything is better with a little chocolate!
The cake isn’t as moist and fluffy as a normal chocolate cake, but come on it doesn’t have any butter, oil, or eggs! Beat that! 😉 Haha…or not, since there are no eggs.
It still has the lovely rich chocolate flavor, and topped with the fluffy marshmallow frosting, it’s a match made in heaven.
Anyway. I have another doctor’s appointment today. I wonder how the baby is doing! He or she is certainly quite active these days. And if you ever want more updates just go here.
P.S. If you haven’t entered the Keep It Sweet Desserts giveaway, tomorrow is the deadline! 😀
Easy Chocolate Chobani Cake
adapted from Taste and See That the Lord is Good: A Collection of Recipes by Mount Pleasant Presbyterian Church
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1 cup milk (I used 1%, but skim or whole will work too)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- Mix together the greek yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir.
- Pour into a 9″ square pan that has been sprayed with canola oil.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.