So, our new favorite thing is to drive down to our local farmers market on Saturday mornings and grab some goodies. We mainly pick up meat and bread, but lately there’s fresh pasta!
We picked up some roasted red pepper pasta and I couldn’t have chosen a better dish to pair it with!
This ‘twist on a classic’ dish came out beautifully and it looked like it took hours…yet it only took minutes! Not only was it very easy to put together, I even got my husband involved. He was the chopper, chopping the spinach AND the almonds. 😀
The green, cheesy crust on the outside of the chicken made for quite a moist chicken on the inside. I must say, these chicken recipes from Hellmann’s sure are fantastic!
In addition to heading down the post to grab the awesome recipe, head over to Hellmann’s facebook page to enter their daily giveaways of $50 and the $5000 grand prize!
Spinach Almond Chicken
adapted from Hellmann’s
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon almonds, chopped
- 2 teaspoons reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon plain bread crumbs
- fresh ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann’s light mayonaise
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 pound)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet that has been covered with a silpat mat or non-stick foil.
- Spoon the spinach mixture on the top of the chicken.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Winner: Rachel from The Henway!
And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for…
- Herb Savor Pod
- Substituting Ingredients Cookbook
- Chicken Rubs & Seasoning Set
- Microplane Grater & Zester
(Mandatory): Leave a comment on this page. Anything you want! 😀
Deadline: April 20, 2012 at 11:59pm Eastern Time
Extra Entries (Leave a Comment for EACH extra entry!):
- Follow chocolate & carrots (@chocandcarrots) on Twitter and tweet something like this:
I want to win a prize pack from @chocandcarrots in the @Hellmanns Chicken Change-up giveaway! http://bit.ly/GUgoHG
- Sign up for chocolate & carrots updates through an RSS feed (current or new subscribers).
- Become a fan of chocolate & carrots on facebook (current or new fans)!
- Stumble this post (by liking it with your Stumble bar, click here to download the Stumble bar) AND follow chocolate & carrots on stumbleupon.
- Follow me on Pinterest AND pin a photo from this post!