I like to watch the Today Show in the morning. Most of the time it either makes me depressed or scared about some outbreak or that we’re all in debt. But, if you wait around for the later hours of programming, they cook!
They also do fashion stories, live music, and more cooking. My favorite! 😀 It’s the ‘happy hour’ of the news. My kind of news.
Anyway, so one day Martha Stewart was on and she made these little egg filled baguettes. Genius!
I had to try it for myself.
Even Leland (who needs a haircut) wanted to get in on the action…or just for us to ‘drop’ some pepperonis. 😉
Let me just tell you, these were so good! There was no fuss about having to make a crust for your quiche. You could just quickly whip up the eggs and throw in some veggies.
Easy peasy, and so delicious.
I picked up these mini baguettes that were perfect for single serving quiches, but the recipe works great with whatever size bread loaf you have.
You get all the great nutrition from the eggs, veggies, meat, and bread! A full package meal.
And have a great weekend!
inspired by Martha Stewart
- 2 small baguettes or 1 large baguette
- 5 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- pepper, to taste
- 1 sweet onion, diced and sautéed in 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 5 grape tomatoes, halved
- 10 pepperonis
- 1/2 -1 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut out a triangle shape out of the top of the baguette(s).
- Using your fingers, scoop out the inside of the bread.
- In a bowl, beat together the egg whites, eggs and pepper.
- Stir in the onion, spinach, tomatoes, and pepperonis.
- Pour the egg mixture into the hollowed out baguette(s).
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 25-35 minutes, or until the eggs are done.