Yeah, sometimes you just have to have a giant cookie.
I had been craving one of those cookie cakes from the mall ALL weekend long. So, I took matters into my own hands and made my own! It was perfect…in every way.
It was gooey and soft…and absolutely perfect with a glass of milk.
It would be the absolute cutest birthday cake substitute. Just decorate it with some cute icing and some sprinkles!
I actually had a cookie birthday cake for my sweet sixteen birthday party. We ate it with vanilla ice cream…while watching the Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Love that movie. Anyway. Anyone else had a cookie cake for their birthday???
You should declare today your birthday and make this cake.
Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
adapted from Dine & Dish
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven 350°F.
- Beat the butter and sugar together.
- Next, beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flours, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread dough into a 9 inch round tart pan that has been coated with canola oil spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes until light golden brown.