My husband is quite thankful for my recent meat eating conversion. Prior to my pregnancy with Liam, I didn’t eat red meat (beef or pork). But during the pregnancy, I had a sudden urge to want some bacon. I never was able to enjoy the steaks he prepared. Something about the steak just made me queezy, but bacon…sign me up!
Since having Liam, I’m still enjoying bacon.
And bacon in these pancakes are awesome.
And if you don’t like bacon, or don’t eat red meat like I did, turkey bacon would be a great substitute. Also, if you’re a vegetarian, crumbled up Morning Star veggie sausage would be delish!
The sweet from the cinnamon, marries so well with the salty bacon and the tart apple flavors. Perfection in a breakfast plate, if I do say so myself! 😀
Oh, and don’t you just love my new egg container. Yay Tarjay!
Whole Wheat Apple Bacon Pancakes
adapted from Whole Wheat Pancakes for Two
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 granny smith apple, sliced and diced thin
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Beat in the egg and milk, just until combined.
- Add in the apple and bacon pieces.
- On a greased griddle or pan, scoop out 1/4 cup sized pancakes.
- Serve warm!
Servings: about 7 pancakes