Yay, it’s Friday!
Friday means chocolate. They should rewrite the dictionary to say that.
It’s like a cheesecake chocolate sandwich.
You can have it for dinner and dessert? 😉
This cheesecake is silky and amazing.
Annnndddd…I just got my favorite nail polish in the mail and now I think it’s time for an afternoon homemade pedicure and some chocolate cheesecake! See ya on the flip side!
Healthier Chocolate Cheesecake
adapted from Simply Fresh Cooking
- 12 organic oreos
- 5 low fat graham cracker sheets
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages 1/3 fat cream cheese (microwaved for 30 seconds to soften)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup regular whipping cream
- 1 cup 60 % cacao Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a blender (Blendtec) or food processor, pulse the oreos and graham crackers until it’s a fine crumb mixture.
- Stir in the butter and push into a 9″ tart pan (or pie plate).
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, egg whites, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the baked crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until it doesn’t move when shaken.
- Meanwhile, bring the whipping cream just to a boil.
- Add in the chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir to combine. If it’s still not combined, put it back on the heat just to melt the chocolate.
- Pour the ganache over the cheesecake.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.