Yay, it’s Friday!
Friday means chocolate. They should rewrite the dictionary to say that.
It’s like a cheesecake chocolate sandwich.
You can have it for dinner and dessert? 😉
This cheesecake is silky and amazing.
Annnndddd…I just got my favorite nail polish in the mail and now I think it’s time for an afternoon homemade pedicure and some chocolate cheesecake! See ya on the flip side!
Healthier Chocolate Cheesecake
adapted from Simply Fresh Cooking
- 12 organic oreos
- 5 low fat graham cracker sheets
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages 1/3 fat cream cheese (microwaved for 30 seconds to soften)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup regular whipping cream
- 1 cup 60 % cacao Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a blender (Blendtec) or food processor, pulse the oreos and graham crackers until it’s a fine crumb mixture.
- Stir in the butter and push into a 9″ tart pan (or pie plate).
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, egg whites, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the baked crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until it doesn’t move when shaken.
- Meanwhile, bring the whipping cream just to a boil.
- Add in the chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir to combine. If it’s still not combined, put it back on the heat just to melt the chocolate.
- Pour the ganache over the cheesecake.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
This looks so good Caroline. I love cheesecake and that chocolate layer on top is killing me (in a good way!)
The nail polish looks awesome! And so does the cheesecake! Oh my!!
I absolutely adore chocolate cheesecake and this one is really calling my name! I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy:-)
Dude! Amazing! Totally pinned 🙂
Those layers! And you got such a nice clean cut. It’s just so pretty and delicious looking. Happy weekend! 🙂
This looks phenomenal. I’ll have to mention this to my mom. She used to bake her own cheesecakes too… I miss them! Yours btw, looks PERFECT!!
oh boy, this looks amazing! love that it’s healthier, too!
O.M.G.! That looks so good! You took my Grandma’s recipe and made it even more magical! I am sooo going to be making this soon. 🙂 🙂
holy cow. this looks amazing! i’m immediately putting this on my to make list!!
Yep definitely want some of this! I love how all your dishes have a healthy spin on it, totally justifying eating dessert!!! It’s perfect!
‘Looks and sounds outstanding!
Yum, this looks so good 😀
I made this for Superbowl Sunday yesterday, what a treat! I followed directions exactly. Turned out beautifully. Everyone – even the picky ones – loved it! Definitely a keeper. With his mouth full, my teen said it was the best cheesecake *ever* 🙂
Oh good! I’m so glad it turned out great and that you liked it! What an enthusiastic teenager you have. 😉 I love it!
Can I use the first picture for noncommercial purpose with the source?
I have to research about one favorite food and mine is chocolate cheese cake,
This picture seems so yummy..
I love the 2 package cream cheese instead of 4, definitely a good combination with chocolate topping!
Can i use springform pan for this recipe?
As long as your springform pan is 9″ or less it should would work great!