Oh, where do I begin.
Chocolate shell is a gift from God, especially Dark Chocolate Shell.
I never in a million years thought you could actually make this at home. I thought it was the kind of preservative and chemical filled food product that could only be manufactured. You know, like cheese puffs and diet coke. 😉
I’m so thankful that it’s something that I can save money on and feel better about eating. If only I could take back the years of eating magic shell for years of eating this homemade stuff!
I highly recommend it and I’m sure it’d be a great project with kids!
Oh, and I noticed that the coconut flavor has a lot to do with the brand of coconut oil you use. I used one brand and you couldn’t taste even the slightest hint of coconut in it, but used a different brand the next time and it was very coconut-y. Just FYI. 😀 Enjoy!
Homemade Magic Shell
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the ingredients.
- Microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring in between until melted (It took me about 45 seconds).
- Allow to sit at room temperature until serving over your ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- Store in an airtight container in your pantry. Do not put it in the fridge or freezer, it will harden.
Servings: 1 cup of magic shell