Sometimes you just need a lazy dinner…especially when there are screaming babies present. These mushrooms are especially great because you really have the freedom to fill them with whatever you’d like!
I had some kale on hand, but you could totally use frozen spinach. Actually, I always keep some chopped spinach in the freezer. It’s always great for added nutrition in a quick meal.
Anyway, these stuffed mushrooms are a quick vegetarian meal, perfect for the weeknights!
What would you stuff your mushrooms with???
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons black beans
- 1/2 cup sautéed kale
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil, parchment paper, or a silpat mat.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on the baking sheet.
- Scoop out the gills of the mushrooms and cut out the stem.
- Place the mushrooms on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the mushrooms with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the desired salt and pepper.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the black beans in each mushroom.
- Put 1/4 cup of kale in each mushroom.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with the cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked and the feta cheese is slightly browned.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and marinara sauce!
These look delicious, I actually love the idea of stuffing with kale instead of spinach for a change!
Delicious and fast weeknight idea!!
Yum, these look so good and healthy too! My whole family loves mushrooms, great idea!
That looks like some great, healthy ingredients to stuff it with! I have never used kale (I know!) but this looks just awesome!
I’m making this right now. Sauteed onions, red and green peppers added to the Kale. Otherwise, everything is the same.
Sounds delicious! Have a great evening! 😀