Sometimes you just need a lazy dinner…especially when there are screaming babies present. These mushrooms are especially great because you really have the freedom to fill them with whatever you’d like!
I had some kale on hand, but you could totally use frozen spinach. Actually, I always keep some chopped spinach in the freezer. It’s always great for added nutrition in a quick meal.
Anyway, these stuffed mushrooms are a quick vegetarian meal, perfect for the weeknights!
What would you stuff your mushrooms with???
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons black beans
- 1/2 cup sautéed kale
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil, parchment paper, or a silpat mat.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on the baking sheet.
- Scoop out the gills of the mushrooms and cut out the stem.
- Place the mushrooms on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the mushrooms with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the desired salt and pepper.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the black beans in each mushroom.
- Put 1/4 cup of kale in each mushroom.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with the cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked and the feta cheese is slightly browned.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and marinara sauce!