How ’bout them
The deliciousness of these veganese muffins is amazing. It helps that the strawberries have an amazing sweetness all their own that attributes to the beauty of these muffins. But still, vegan doesn’t have to be without flavor! 🙂
I applaude those who follow a vegan diet. I don’t think I could do it. Just having to go dairy free for Liam’s sake is hard enough! But, I have to admit, my soy and almond milk lattes are pretty incredible. They taste like cookies…even with the unsweetened milk. Mmm!
On another note, with Logan’s help watching little Liam, I made 5 new recipes this weekend! I can’t wait to share them with you soooooon!
Now, go eat your breakfast.
Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
adapted from Eggless Cooking
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners and spray with canola oil spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the almond milk and vinegar. Let sit to sour for 5 minutes.
- Then, add in the vanilla, apple sauce, and coconut oil to the almond milk mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips and strawberries.
- Pour into the muffin tins, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing and putting on a cooling rack.
These look perfect! I love the idea of crushed strawberries. I had to go without milk for Kay’s sake too. Now she tolerates milk just fine! Thank goodness
Yay!! So happy to hear that you’re getting your bake on 🙂
I have a friend who is nursing and has to go dairy free..she will love this recipe!!
yum, yum and yum. And vegan! And Beauty-full!
These look amazing!! Pretty sure I’ve eaten strawberries in some form every single day for almost 2 months now
I first looked at this post on my phone and I thought that second picture of the muffins and the strawberries was one picture. So I was thinking those are some gigantic strawberries and tiny muffins. Ehem. Anyway, they sound delicious! Look really pretty too. 🙂
Great looking muffins! I’m so impressed that they’re all whole wheat. And the strawberry chocolate combo is one of my favorites, but not something I’ve tried in muffins. Sounds great!
I don’t think I could fully follow a vegan diet either, but I could eat these everyday!!! Looking forward to all the new recipes 🙂
Yum! This is such a fun way to make muffins!
Your muffins look so yummy. Irresistable!!