Woohoo! Friday has arrived.
I don’t know why, but I always associate Friday’s with pizza. Hence, today’s post. And there’s something about homemade pizza, that just makes my taste buds tingle. Mmm!
Last Friday was a fun Friday too. Two of my sister’s (Margaret & Eliza) and I went to Wine & Design where we indulged in food and drinks while making a hilarious attempt at drawing a painting that the instructor taught us how to do step-by-step.
Let’s just say, I’m not artistically inclined when paint is involved. Only when there’s chocolate or sugar present am I remotely ‘good’ at it. 😉
Are you artistic? Or are you like me and totally not?
Sausage, Zucchini, & Tomato Pizza
dough adapted from bellalimento
- 2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup Jiffy Mix
- 1 cup mariana sauce
- 1/2 pound organic sweet italian sausage, sautéed
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 large ball of fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the flour and yeast.
- Pour in the olive oil and water until the dough comes together to form a ball that is tacky, but not sticky. Trust me, you’ll know what this means when you go to pick up the dough.
- Place in a bowl that has been sprayed with canola oil, cover, and let rise for about 2 hours in a warm place, until doubled.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll out on a Jiffy Mix floured surface.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Spread with mariana sauce, leaving a 1″ border for the crust.
- Top with the sausage, tomato, zucchini, mozzarella, and Italian seasoning.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Slice and enjoy!
Love that first photo of the delicious looking pizza!
This looks so great! Pinning for sure 🙂
I love the zucchini on this. Looks like it’s going to be a pizza Friday here!! 🙂
I am not at all artistically talented either, but I also love Fridays, and pizza! I think every Friday should be pizza Friday, and this one looks superb!
I could go for some of this right now! Looks like the perfect pizza for me!