I can’t tell you how excited I am for a long weekend. It’s always such a blessing to have my husband home with us. With graduate school starting again for the semester, on top of him working full time, I hardly get to see my hottie!
Anyway. It’s time to celebrate a long weekend. Off from school and work!
Thank you, Labor Day!
It’s the little things we should celebrate.
Ooey, gooey lava cookies are how we should celebrate this weekend.
Fresh out of the oven, warm with a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt, then magic shell drizzle is the way to go.
Oh. My. Goodness.
No words, except thank you Amanda.
Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Lava Cookies
slightly adapted from Kevin & Amanda
- 2 cups 60% cacao Ghirardelli chocolate chips (1 cup for filling, 1 cup for drizzle)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with canola oil spray.
- Put the Ghirardelli chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl (I used a measuring cup with a spout on it) and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugars together until mixed completely together.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract until it’s light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the salt, baking soda, and flours.
- Beat in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in the semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Push about 1.5 tablespoons of dough in each of the 10 muffin cups.
- Pour about 1 teaspoon of the Ghirardelli melted chocolate in the center of each muffin tin.
- Take the other half of the dough, pressing out 1.5 tablespoons of the dough into flat patties and then pushing them on top of the chocolate in the muffin cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until light brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then use a knife to loosen the sides before removing from the tin.
- Serve warm, top with frozen yogurt or ice cream.
- Drizzle the remaining melted chocolate over the ice cream.
Servings: 10-12 cookies
I think I need to celebrate with you, these look amazing!
Ohhhhh, it looks insane!! A long weekend (even the short one..) is always welcomed!
Ah! Lava cookies! These are totally the treat I want to use to celebrate the long weekend. And since it’s a holiday, maybe I’ll have two…or three…or seven. 😉
Yummmmm! Your photos look crazy delicious. Love lava cookies!
This needs to happen in my life like, four hours ago. YUMMY!!!!
I can’t even think straight I want these so bad.
Holy, amazing! These look fantastic 🙂
holy crap! these look AMAZING!!! i want to make them right now!
Home for the weekend from college, I just made these for my family and they’re amazing! Thanks for the recipe! Turns out I went to Red Lobster the other day (they have lava cookies) but didn’t have enough room for dessert. Then your recipe was posted… 🙂
These look like gooey chewy cookie heaven!!
I hope you’re enjoying the long weekend! These look amazing. I’m all for gooey and melted stuff. 🙂
OH MY GOD!!! These look incredible.
I might have to make these tomorrow!