You know that if a sleep deprived, yet desperate chocoholic, while entertaining a newborn at 10 o’clock at night can make these, anyone can. Just sayin’.
They are perfectly chocolaty and crunchy!
My new favorite crispy treat!
They’re almost as good as a baby taking a nap. 😉
Oh, and as silky as a baby’s bottom?
Okay, enough with the baby analogies. You can certainly tell where my head is now! Oy vey!
Anyway. I hope you’re having a great week! I’m pretty sure this is the first week I’m actually going to post every day! I love that I’m starting to get back into the swing of things. It definitely makes you feel normal again.
Oh, and I know I haven’t said it in a long time, but I really love you guys. I don’t know what I would do without your sweet comments and encouragement over the past 2.5 years. (Yes, midst all the baby commotion, I missed my blog’s 2nd anniversary, oh well. Go eat these to celebrate!)
So, thank you. I love you!
Chocolate Crispies Treats
adapted from Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 6 cups cocoa krispies
- 2 cups Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- Prepare a 13″ x 9″ pan by covering with non-stick foil and spraying with canola oil. Set aside.
- In a large pot over low heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add in the krispies.
- Pour the treats into the prepared pan. Use oil covered fingers to press down into the pan.
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips.
- Pour over the krispies treats.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.