Every time I think about the ‘back-to-school’ days, I think of rice krispie treats. Maybe that’s because my mom would buy the Cosco-sized box of assorted krispie treats and pack them in our lunch boxes, or maybe it’s because so many parents would send them in for birthdays, or maybe it’s because they are an easy treat that even kids can make!
For whatever reason, they are always fun to whip up and this little twist is oh-so-delicious!
The funfetti cake batter flavor doesn’t come instantly, but as you take a few bites, you can really taste it! I love it. It’s a little surprise in your mouth!
Raise your hand if you love sprinkles!
Funfetti Krispies Treats
adapted from Gimme Some Oven
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 1/2 cup funfetti cake mix
- 5 cups rice krispies
- 1.75 ounce bottle of sprinkles
- Prepare a 9″ x 9″ pan by covering with non-stick foil and spraying with canola oil. Set aside.
- In a large pot over low heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- One tablespoon at a time, stir in the cake mix until incorporated.
- Add in the krispies.
- Quickly stir in half of the sprinkles.
- Pour the treats into the prepared pan. Use oil covered fingers to press down into the pan.
- Spread the remaining sprinkles over the krispies treats.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.